Heat your home with energy absorbed from the air around you.
Air source heat pumps absorb heat from the outside air. This heat can then be used to heat radiators, underfloor heating systems, or warm air convectors and hot water in your home.
An air source heat pump extracts heat from the outside air in the same way that a fridge extracts heat from its inside. It can get heat from the air even when the temperature is as low as -15° C.
The benefits of air source heat pumps
Air source heat pumps (also known as ASHPs):
- Could lower your fuel bills, especially if you are replacing conventional electric heating
- Could provide you with an income through the government’s Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Could lower your home’s carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing
- Don't need fuel deliveries
- Can heat your home and provide and hot water
- Need little maintenance